It is helpful to understand the high level terms in the candlepin data model. A basic diagram of the model is:
In that diagram you will see the following terms
- an organization who has purchased subscriptions to products.
- The right to consume a given product.
- An item or service which can be subscribed to by the owner.
- An entity (person, system, etc) within the owner who may wish to make use of products.
- The right to use a product
- Entitlement Pool
- The collection of entitlements which are available to be consumed based on a subscription
You will also see the other terms used throughout the wiki
- Entitlement Certificate
- By default, an x.509 certficate which represents you right to consume a subscription. This certificate can be used to access software.
- Identity Certificate
- By default, an x.509 certificate which unique identifies a single consumer.
Last modified on 19 May 2014